Monday, May 16, 2022

The Kitchen: Part II - Demolition

My dear Uncle Chuck has been asking for an update on our house projects for quite some time, and writing a blog post just hasn't made it to the top of my list. I guess we've just been too busy DOING for me to get down to writing. Well, here's an update. In the spring of 2020, just as the world was sent home from work to hide from the coronavirus, Nick and I were in the midst of planning a PROPER kitchen remodel.
Over the long Memorial Day weekend, we gladly tore out those cabinets that I had striped, sanded, and repainted. We pulled up the floating cork floor and ripped out the lathe and plaster. 


We carried all of the debris out the back door and around to the front of the house using 5 gallon buckets. Since our house is up several steps from the street, if we had used a wheel barrow, we would have had to navigate those steps and then use a ramp to get it into the truck. The buckets solution was actually easier, in my opinion. It took something like four thousand trips (I don't really know how many) from the kitchen to the work truck and I definitely made more trips than Nick because he was using his muscle on some of the more difficult demolition inside.



2 comments:

  1. Ooooh! Lots of steps make the Fitbit happy. Were you wearing your step-counter? I know it was tiring work, though, for both of you. (And yes, I see that the year was 2020.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually don't wear my watch when doing messy work, so I'm afraid I probably didn't get credit for all of that work.

    ReplyDelete