Sunday, September 3, 2017

The Re-telling of The Missing Mailbox

In 2007, both my parents were retired and spending time at their farm home in the country that doesn't have a land line. Although they had a cell phone for emergency, it was never turned on (it was for THEIR emergency, not mine). Mom was good about telling me when they were at the farm or at the town house, but I was not good at remembering. To solve this dilemma, I created a blog site where Mom could post a Google calendar for me to keep track (there are better ways of doing this now). We used the calendar for a hot minute, but Mom discovered a great skill and interest in blogging and has been going strong ever since. A lot of people I care about follow my mom's blog, so when Nick and I bought the house, I shared some stories via the Homestead Happenings blog.
The original farmhouse - Mom and Dad's place.
To answer Mom's prompt in the comments from my last post, here is a link to the story of the Missing Mailbox. I simply could not re-tell the story in as genuine a way as it was first told. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Good idea, Hallie! It's so true that you wouldn't tell that story today the way you told it then. And it's a story that deserves to be included in the history of the house.

    I'd forgotten all about the calendar I was supposed to fill out. To this day I'm not good with the calendar programs, but your dad uses his all the time. I still write mine on the calendar in the kitchen "for all to see."

    ReplyDelete