Monday, April 16, 2018

Falling in Love

Well, we are almost at real-time with the house projects, which means there’s less to write about. However, I have some ideas for smaller projects/topics to share with you, so stay tuned for those.

Perhaps you’ve wondered what happened to me these past couple of months. In addition to starting a new job, which brings a new routine, I’ve been falling in love. My new love and I are in that place where we find each other endlessly interesting. As soon as I get home from work, we spend every minute together until it’s time for sleep. He watches me garden, follows me up and down the stairs while I do laundry, gazes at me while I cook. Perhaps more than anything else we take walks together. Rain or shine, we go out and explore the neighborhood. The fresh air is so good for our health!

Meet Primo.


And here we are together:

Pucker up!


Nick loves him, too.

Good boys.


We’re a family.

The family.

If you know me, you know that I’ve always loved dogs. It took a long time to feel like we could give a dog a good life. We spent more years than planned in a small apartment and then once we bought the house we were always destructing, creating dust, and then painting. At first it was jarring to have to climb out of bed and go for a walk in the cold, dark, early morning. This little soul was bossing me around! Then love took hold and I stopped minding the time together. If he doesn’t rise as soon as my bedroom door opens, I creep down the hall in the dark and listen for the thump of his tail on his pillow. Awake…and so happy to see me!

3 comments:

  1. I am SOO looking forward to your upcoming projects and your gardening experiences. Keep up the posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want everyone to know that it isn't true that Primo's head is too big for his body. Our grand-pup is well-proportioned.

    I vote with Chuck. Think of something to tell us about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! I guess the camera perspective is a bit skewed. Yes, Primo is well proportioned. Usually when people meet him in person they are surprised at how little he is. He's just about 37lbs.

      Delete